Please be aware - Due to a state-wide system upgrade, motor vehicle services will be unavailable from Thursday, May 23rd through Tuesday, May 28th, 2019. DeKalb Tax Commissioner Motor Vehicle offices will be closed; online tag renewals and Kroger kiosks renewals will be unavailable. The Property Tax and Delinquent Offices will be open with normal service hours.
We apologize in advance for this inconvenience.
The Motor Vehicle Division of the Tax Commissioner’s Office handles all aspects of motor vehicle registrations. We are responsible for the following:
- Collecting of all applicable motor vehicle taxes
- Issuance of tag and titles
- Vehicle registration renewals
- Issuance of temporary and permanent disabled parking placards
- Commercial, Dealer and Fleet registrations
We do not issue Driver Licenses as this is handled by the Georgia Department of Driver’s Services and they can be contacted at 678-413-8400.